We have country style pork ribs quit often. I don’t see the boneless beef short ribs in the store here very often. When I ran across these I had to give it a try. I had a busy day coming up so I decided on a slow cooker recipe. This Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs Recipe is simple to make and doesn’t have a lot of prep time, if you are in a hurry. The ribs are so tender they just melt in your mouth, and the sauce makes a scrumptious gravy to use over rice or mashed potatoes. Enjoy
1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 1/2 lbs boneless beef short ribs
1/4 cup butter
1 medium onion-chopped
1 cup beef broth
3/4 cup red wine vinegar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup chili sauce
2 tablespoons catsup
2 tablespoons A-1 Steak Sauce
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon chili powder
1. Measure flour, salt and pepper in a shaking bag
2. Add ribs and shake to coat.
3. Brown ribs in butter in a large skillet-remove and place in the slow cooker or crock pot.
4. In the same skillet, combine all the remaining ingredients.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil.
6. Pour over ribs.
7. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours. Or until the beef ribs are tender.
8. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes