I didn’t have a lot of time and there was a lot of things I needed to get done, but we all have to eat. I needed a, set and forget it recipe, and this Slow Cooker One Dish Swiss Steak Recipe appeared to be exactly what I wanted. It has it all, vegetables, meat and potatoes with very little prep time and the whole dinner is made in the slow cooker. I followed the recipe as written and the end result was a good tasting one dish supper with great tasting gravy. I think when I make this recipe again if I have the time I will omit the potatoes and serve a side dish of mashed potatoes to go with the gravy. If you’re in a rush, or just want to beat the heat, give this Slow Cooker One Dish Swiss Steak Recipe a try, and enjoy.
1-1/2 beef round steak
1/ 2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon cooking oil
3 medium potatoes
1-1/ 2 cups baby carrots
1 medium onion (sliced)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 jar (12 ounces) home style beef gravy
1 tablespoon fresh parsley (minced)
3 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1. Cut steak into serving size pieces and pound down to about 1/ 4 inch thickness.
2. Rub steak with seasoning salt and pepper. Brown steak on both sides in a skillet using the cooking oil.
3. Cut each potato into about 8 wedges, layer the meat, potatoes, carrots, and onion in a slow cooker.
4. Combine the tomatoes and gravy; pour over the top.
5. Cook on low for 6 hours or until meat and potatoes are tender.
6. Before serving- mix cornstarch with water, and add to the slow cooker mix to thicken the gravy. Garnish with parsley.