It has been awhile since I have had Porketta on the menu and I was kind of in the mood to use the slow cooker. This Slow Cooker Porketta Roast Recipe is a simple recipe, but you have to allow time for the seasoning to blend into the meat. I knew I had a busy day coming up so I planned ahead and rubbed the seasoning in the night before. The original recipe calls for at least 6 hours, you might be able to get away with that, but I don’t think it’s quite enough time.
The blend of spices was excellent, and the end result was a juicy and tender pork roast. You could very easily turn this into a one dish meal by adding some potatoes, and a vegetable.
I served this Slow Cooker Porketta Roast Recipe with mashed potatoes, and corn; the family loved it. Enjoy
1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
1 teaspoon onion salt
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon paprika
4 cloves garlic, slivered
1 -3 to 4 pound pork shoulder
1. Mix first 9 ingredients together in a bowl; set aside.
2. Slice holes throughout the roast and insert the garlic slivers.
3. Rub the roast well with the spice mixture and wrap it up in plastic wrap. (I used a one gallon plastic bag)
4. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight. (Overnight is better)
5. Place in the slow cooker and cook 8 to 9 hours or until pork is tender.