Using the slow cooker, or crock pot, has always been one of my favorite ways of cooking pork butts and loins. This Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe is a simple recipe with very little prep time. It’s pretty much a set it and forget it type of recipe. You could spice it up a little more if you like, but I think it is very good as it is. This Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe would also be great for a social gathering, party or pot luck. I will post more of these types of recipes before the school graduations start.
- 1 boneless pork loin (2-3 pounds)
- 1 large onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup beer (you can use nonalcoholic beer)
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 8 sandwich rolls (split)
- Your choice of condiments
- Place the roast in a 3 quart slow cooker or crock pot and top with the sliced onion.
- in a bow mix together the beer, chili sauce, horseradish, and brown sugar and pour over the roast.
- Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or until tender.
- Remove the pork roast from the slow cooker and let it cool enough to pull it apart with a fork; then add it back into sauces in the slow cooker and heat it through.
- Serve on the buns with your choice of condiments- I used cheddar cheese, “it was really good”.