Sirloin steak makes an almost perfect stew meat. This Sirloin Steak Tip Stew is a delicious combination of flavors and is very simple to put together. There is very little prep time so you can have it in the slow cooker quickly, and go about your business for the day.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed and minced)
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups beef broth
- 8 ounces small red potatoes (skin on cut into about 1 inch pieces)
- 2 carrots (cut into ½ inch pieces)
- 1 heaping tablespoon instant tapioca
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound sirloin steak tips (cut into 1 ½ inch pieces)
- ⅔ cup frozen peas (I forgot to put the peas in the dish when I prepared it, and it was still super good, so I will list the peas as optional)
- Lightly spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix together the oil, tomato paste, garlic, and thyme. Microwave for about 1 minute stirring occasionally; pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Mix in the beef broth, potatoes, carrots, tapioca, soy sauce, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Mix the meat into the mixture, cover, and cook on low for 6 – 7 hours or until meat is tender. (4 – 5 hours on high)
- Using a large spoon scoop any excess fat off the top. Add the peas and let sit for about 5 minutes for peas to get heated through.
- Serve hot.
Adapted from Cooks Country Cooking for Two Cookbook