I had some venison steak in the freezer I wanted to use up and this venison one dish dinner sounded really good.
This Slow Cooker Venison One Dish Dinner Recipe is really good on a cold night. All the work is done in the morning, so you can set it, and forget it, for the rest of the day. The venison is so tender it will melt in your mouth. This is a mildly seasoned recipe so I am sure you could spice it up a little more if you wanted to. I prepared the recipe as written; it was really good. The bacon in this recipe is a nice added touch. If you have some venison on hand, give this venison slow cooker recipe a try. Enjoy
- ½ pound bacon (sliced into 1 inch pieces)
- 2-1/2 pounds red potatoes
- 2 medium onions (sliced)
- 1-1/2 pounds venison steak (cubed into bite size pieces)
- 2 cans cream style corn (10½ ounce cans)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a large skillet cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain on paper toweling.
- Place the potatoes and the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker, and then add the venison and bacon on top.
- In a large bowl mix together the creamed corn, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, pepper, sugar and garlic powder. Pour over the top of the venison.
- Slow cook on low for 6-7 hours or until venison is tender.
- This is a large recipe will serve 6; but could easily be cut in half.