I’m not sure where this recipe originally came from but it has been a favorite with our family for years. I’m not sure if it was a way to get the kids to eat their peas or if everyone just liked it. This Spanish Noodles Recipe is quick to put together because it has very little prep, and cooking time. In less than an hour you can have this one dish meal on the table. When you look at this recipe you might be a little nervous at the amount of onion it calls for; don’t let that bother you it blends in with the other ingredients very well. If you need a good recipe for after work or have to put something quick together for the kids after school give this Spanish Noodles Recipe a try and enjoy.
1 1/2 cup uncooked egg noodles
3 medium onions finely chopped
3 tablespoons cooking oil
1 pound lean ground beef
1 1/2 cups cooked green peas
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 can condensed tomato soup
3/4 cup bread crumbs
3 tablespoons butter or margarine (melted)
Preheat oven to 400F.
1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse and set aside.
2. Brown burger and onion until burger is no longer pink inside. Then add the noodles, peas, sugar, salt and oregano and mix thoroughly. Pour into a 2 quart casserole dish.
3. Mix tomato soup with water to equal 1 1/2 cups and pour over the casserole.
4. Mix the bread crumbs with the melted butter and sprinkle over the top.
5. Bake for 25 minutes until top is golden brown and casserole is bubbly.