This Spanish Spaghetti Recipe is a great recipe to put together after school or work. This is a simple recipe that doesn’t require a lot of prep or cooking time and the kids will love it. This is a mildly seasoned recipe so feel free to spice it up a little more to taste if you wish to do so. I thought it was really good just the way it is written.
So with the kids back to school, if you are looking for a recipe that is simple and good, but a little different; give this Spanish Spaghetti Recipe a try. Enjoy
- ½ pound spaghetti
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ pound bacon
- 3 teaspoons bacon grease
- 1 can diced tomatoes (15-16 ounces)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. (Drain but don’t rinse)
- While spaghetti is cooking slice bacon into 1 inch pieces. Cook in a frying pan until crispy. Drain on paper towels reserving 3 teaspoons of bacon grease. In a medium size sauce pan cook the tomatoes until hot.
- In a large frying pan cook the ground beef and onion until ground beef is no longer pink inside. Drain if needed
- In a 2 quart casserole dish spayed with cooking spray mix together the burger, tomatoes, bacon pieces, and bacon grease. Salt and pepper to taste, mix in ½ the cheese, and then fold in the spaghetti. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350F until cheese is melted; serve hot.