Recently I prepared cheese stuffed burgers to create a pizza burger, and the end result was excellent; so I decided to try another grilled stuffed burger recipe. This Grilled Stuffed Bacon Double Cheese Burgers recipe incorporates, cheese, bacon, and onion as a stuffing mix in the center of the burgers. The end result was an excellent combination of flavors that is sure to please all your guests and family members. This is a simple recipe and in no time at all you can have the burgers on the supper table.
4 slices bacon
1 medium onion
1 large tomato (Sliced)
1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese
1 pound ground beef
4 American cheese Singles
4 hamburger buns
1. HEAT grill to medium-high heat.
2. Cook bacon in small skillet until crisp.
3. Cut 4 thin slices from center of onion; finely chop remaining onion.
4. Remove the bacon from skillet, reserving 1 Tablespoon drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels.
5. Add chopped onions to reserved drippings; cook on medium heat 5 to 6 min. or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
6. Crumble the bacon and mix it with the cooked onions and cheese.
7. Shape meat into 8 thin patties. Top 4 patties with bacon mixture; cover with remaining patties. Pinch edges together to seal. (I just use my hands to apply pressure and reform the burger-sealing it.)
Grill 6 to 7 min. on each side or until done (160ºF); top with Singles, and close the grill till the cheese is melted. Fill buns with burgers, sliced onions, and tomato slices.
Tip: Place the buns on the grill to toast them shortly before the burgers are done.