This recipe is easy to prepare and tastes great. Takes a little time to cook but is well worth the wait. I am not sure if you could call this a true Swiss steak-seeing as it does not call for tomatoes. But it is still very good. The gravy is great over mashed potatoes.
4. 1 large onion-sliced
5. 2 cloves of garlic
6. 2-3 cups beef broth
1. Cut round steaks into 6 serving size pieces.
2. Dredge pieces with flour salt and pepper.
3. Pound flour into meat with a meat mallet.
4. Dredge and pound both sides of the steak till they cant hold anymore flour.
5. In a large skillet brown steak pieces on both sides.
6. Add onions and garlic to the skillet-Sauté for 5 minutes.
7. Spread the onions and garlic over the steak in a casserole dish.
8. Add enough beef broth to cover the meat.
9. Bake at 300 degrees for 2 hours or until tender.