Turn your extra apples into a bite size delicious treat. This Bite Size Apple Fritters Recipe is simple, and quick to prepare, and are, “I bet you can’t eat just one” delicious.
I made my wife hide these because I was on my way to devouring them all.
“An apple a day keeps the doctor away” well it appears this old saying comes pretty close to reality; Check out this article on all the health benefits of apples – 34 Science-Backed Health Benefits of Apples
Give this one a try, it’s well worth the time. Enjoy
- 1½ cup cake flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large apple (peeled and diced)
- Convection sugar (optional)
- Oil for deep frying
- Preheat deep fryer to 360F. (If you don’t have a deep fryer use a Dutch oven or heavy duty pot)
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl whisk the egg and then mix in the milk, butter, and vanilla; and then fold in the apples.
- Spoon the batter into the oil about 1 tablespoon at a time (cook in batches to keep them from sticking together, and lowering the oil temperature too much); deep fry to a deep golden brown.
- Place fritters on a platter covered with paper toweling to absorb any excess oil. Sprinkle with the powder sugar – cool and serve.
Adapted from Laura in the Kitchen