This simple slow cooker chili recipe for two doesn’t require a lot of prep time, but takes enough time to cook in the slow cooker so you can get some things done while it’s cooking. The chili is a little on the spicy side, but for me was just right. If you want to add a little more heat increase the amount of chipotle chili in adobo sauce or add some cayenne pepper to taste.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed and minced)
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 can kidney beans (15 ounces drained and rinsed)
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 ounces)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili in adobo sauce (minced)
- Salt and pepper
- Cheddar cheese for garnish (optional)
- Cook the ground beef, chili powder, tomato paste, garlic, and cumin in a large skillet over medium high heat stirring and breaking the burger into chunks as it cooks; cook until burger is no longer pink inside.
- Place the burger mix into a slow cooker lightly sprayed with cooking spray and mix in the beans, tomato sauce, chipotle chili, and tomatoes. Season with ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook covered for 3 to 4 hours on high or 5 to 6 hours on low.
- Serve hot garnished with the cheese.
Adapted from Cooking for Two Cookbook