Sticky chicken in less than an hour. This recipe has a delicious combination of flavors, doesn’t require that many ingredients, and is simple to put together.
You’ll love it!!
- 8 chicken thighs (trimmed of any excess fat)
- black pepper
- ¾ cups cider vinegar
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425F with rack in middle to upper position.
- Spray a large oven proof skillet lightly with cooking spray. Pepper the chicken on both sides and position chicken skin side down in the skillet. (you can make up to 8 with this recipe – I was feeding 2 so I cut the chicken down to 4, but used the same amount of ingredients for the sauce.
- In a medium size bowl mix together the vinegar, honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Pour the mixture over the chicken in the skillet.
- Bake chicken for 20 minutes, flip chicken skin side up, and continue baking until chicken browns on top (about 20 more minutes - internal temperature should be about 195 to 200F with instant read thermometer); transfer chicken to a serving platter.
- Let the sauce in the skillet settle a little bit and spoon any excess fat off the top, or pour into a fat separator to separate the fat. In a small glass mix the cornstarch into the water until dissolved, place the skillet over a burner on medium high heat, bring mixture to a boil, and stir in the cornstarch mixture, cooking and stirring until thickened. Return chicken to the skillet, and roll the chicken in the sauce; garnish with the toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve over rice or hash browns.
Adapted from Cooks Country