Sugar cookies have always been one of my favorite cookies, and with dark chocolate Kisses on top, they are even better.
The kids are coming home for Christmas and I could not visualize, not having some kind of Christmas cookies on hand. This Simple Sugar Cookies recipe is an almost cannot fail type of recipe. It is quick and simple to put together, and the cookies come out perfect every time. If you are using the Kisses, or Chocolate Stars, be sure to get them into the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven. Allow plenty of time for the cookies to cool because the chocolate will soften up a little bit from the heat of the cookie.
If you’re making cookies for the Holidays add these Simple Sugar Cookies with Kisses to your collection. It won’t take much time and they are delicious. Enjoy
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 48 chocolate Stars or Kisses (this number depends on how large you make the cookies-if you make larger cookies the number will be less)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer cream together the butter and sugar until smooth, then add the egg and vanilla. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Using a large spoon gradually mix in the dry ingredients to form the cookie dough. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto greased cookie sheets. (Like rolling meat balls)
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Remove from the oven and immediately press the Kisses or chocolate stars into the center of the cookies. Let set for a couple of minutes and transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack. Cool thoroughly until the chocolate hardens back up.