If you looking for a basic muffins recipe that is nice and moist; this is it.
This is a simple recipe that doesn’t require a lot of ingredients, is fast to put together, and makes a pretty good size batch.
Serve warm with butter making for a delicious breakfast.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1cup granulated sugar (less 1 tablespoon)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups plain low-fat yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium size bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In another bowl using an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one egg at a time,.mix in half of the dry ingredients and ⅓ cup yogurt. Mix in the remaining yogurt and dry ingredients a little at a time until incorporated.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray and distribute the batter evenly in the cups. (batter will be very thick an ice cream scoop works good for this)
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown; serve warm.
Adapted from Cooks Country.