This Slow Cooker Vesuvio Recipe, is not quite a traditional recipe; being more on the side of what I would call a chicken stew. The main seasoning incorporated into the recipe is Zesty Italian dressing.
This is a quick recipe to put together, and because it’s cooked in the slow cooker it frees up a lot of to time to go to the beach, or work on some other things you want to get done.
The next time you’re looking to free up some time, or want to avoid the kitchen heat, give this Slow Cooker Vesuvio Recipe a try.
(I thought this dish was pretty good and wasn’t sure if I was going to post it – but my wife really liked it, and she’s the boss, so here it is. You Decide)
- 1 pound new red potatoes (quartered)
- 1 small onion (cut in half and sliced)
- 1 red pepper (cut into strips)
- 6 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 6 – 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup zesty Italian dressing
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- Arrange the red potatoes, onion, and red pepper in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the garlic and arrange the chicken thighs on top.
- In a medium size bowl whisk together the zesty Italian dressing, lemon juice, and flour; pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 -7 hours, or until chicken is done, and vegetables are tender. Add the frozen peas and continue cooking until peas are heated through.
- Serve e hot garnished with parsley.
Adapted from kraftrecipes.com