Make sure you have some wet naps on hand when you serve this Honey Ginger Chicken Recipe, its gooey and delicious. This chicken recipe takes some time to prepare but it is well worth the effort. The chicken is so tender it melts in your mouth, and the Honey Ginger blends into the flour coating very well. When I first looked at this recipe I thought it looked ok; but to my surprise this one will go on my favorites list, because it is an exceptional oven roasted chicken recipe.
This recipe doesn’t require much prep time but you do have allow an hour for roasting the chicken. This Honey Ginger Chicken Recipe is a great dinner or party recipe; your guest will love it. Enjoy
3 tablespoons cooking oil
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/3 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger (divided)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 pounds chicken drumsticks or thighs
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup chili sauce
1/3 cup soy sauce
Preheat oven to 425F.
1. Heat the oil and butter in a 9x13x2 baking dish until butter is melted.
2. Using a food grade one gallon disposable plastic bag combine the flour, salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon ginger. Shake the chicken in the bag a few pieces at a time to coat thoroughly.
3. Place the chicken with skin sides down into the baking dish, and bake for 30 minutes. Turn the chicken and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
4. While the chicken is roasting using a small bowl mix together the honey, chili sauce, soy sauce, and the other 1/2 teaspoon of ginger.
5. Remove the chicken from the baking dish and drain the fat. Return the chicken to the baking dish and pour the sauce over the top of the chicken pieces. Bake for 15 minutes; basting by spooning the sauce over the chicken every 5 minutes.
Serve Hot-Serves 6