Moist and Tender – these chicken breasts are delicious.
I was looking for a grill recipe that would cook quickly, because I was short on time. These chicken breasts marinate for 30 minutes, and then cook quickly on the grill. Just be sure to flatten them down to about ½ inch so they are about equal size that way they will all be done about the same time.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy grilling recipe give this one a try; you’ll love them!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups butter milk
- kosher salt and black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- ½ cup barbecue sauce (homemade or your favorite brand)
- olive oil
- In a large bowl whisk together the buttermilk, cayenne pepper, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Place chicken breasts between plastic wrap and using a mallet pound chicken down to about ½ inch. Place chicken in a large food grad zip lock bag, pour in the buttermilk mixture, and using you hands on the out side of the bag work the buttermilk around the chicken; marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill on medium high heat.
- Remove chicken from the marinade; letting any excess marinade drip off the chicken. Pat chicken dry using paper toweling. Coat chicken breasts on both sides with olive oil and lightly salt both sides. Grill chicken for 2 to 4 minutes or until grill marks form, flip chicken and grill for another 3 to 4 minutes, coat with barbecue sauce, flip chicken to coat the other side. Continue grilling until an instant read thermometer reads 160F. (if you have sauce left over flip chicken again to thicken the coating)
- Place chicken on a serving platter, tent lightly with aluminum foil and let rest 5 to 10 minutes, and serve.
Adapted from Fine Cooking Magazine