This Coffee Cake Muffins recipe is simple and just the right amount to feed 2 people. This recipe is kind of unique because it marbles the streusel into the inside of the muffins.
If your cooking for 2 people give this one a try; it’s really good.
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup plus 8 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 8 teaspoons brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (sliced into 4 pieces and chilled)
- 1 large egg (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sour cream
- confectioners sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F. and spray 4 muffin tins with baking spray with flour. (I used cooking spray and lightly sprinkled the tins with flour)
- Place granulated sugar, 8 teaspoons of flour, and 4 teaspoons of brown sugar into the bowl of a food processor; process until well combined. Transfer 2 tablespoons of the mixture into a small bowl. To create the streusel whisk in the cinnamon, and 4 teaspoons of brown sugar into the small bowl mixture; set aside.
- Add ⅓ cup flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the mixture in the food processor and mix until well combined. Place the butter pieces in the food processor and pulse until small pebbly pieces form. Add the egg and sour cream and mix until well combined.
- Place 1 tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup, divide the streusel between the 4 cups and place on top of the batter, and then top each cup with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 20 t0 25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, remove to wire rack, and let cool for another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar before serving.
Adapted from Cooking for 2 Cookbook