This chicken pot pie recipe is simple, quick and a great way to warm up a cool winter night. This recipe uses precooked deli chicken so you can put it together in less than a half an hour.
So if you’re looking for a simple, quick and good recipe for after school, or work, pick up a Deli Chicken and give this one a try; it’s really good.
- 1 package refrigerator biscuits (I used Pillsbury Grand’s for this recipe)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 rib celery (sliced thin)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 ¾ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- 1 package frozen peas and carrots (10-ounces thawed and precooked to desired doneness)
- 1 rotisserie chicken (skin removed and meat shredded into large bite-sized pieces)
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Lightly salt biscuits and bake according to package directions.
- While biscuits are baking in a large skillet using the butter over medium heat cook the onion and celery until tender. Whisk in the flour and cayenne pepper stirring constantly until flour starts to brown. Gradually mix in the chicken broth, cream, and thyme; continue cooking until mixture thickens.
- Mix in the lemon juice, vegetables, and chicken and cook until heated through - salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with buttered biscuits over the top.