Little meatloaves topped with creamy mashed potatoes; this is a simple and quick recipe making it ideal for a quick after school or work supper.
- 1 pond lean ground beef
- 1 package stove top stuffing mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons A-1 steak sauce
- 4 ounces of low fat cream cheese (cut into cubes)
- 3 cups hot mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup brown gravy mix or you favorite brand (cooked according to package directions)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl using you hands mix together the meat, stuffing mix, water, and steak sauce until just combined.
- Press the meat into the muffin cups. (the recipe says it makes 12 – but I filled the cups and wound up with 10. So if this is an issue divide the meat up so it comes our even – I would guess about ¾'s full)
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes to an internal temperature of 160F.
- While the meatloaves are baking mix the cream cheese into the potatoes until cheese is melted and then stir in the parsley.
- Serve the potatoes over the meatloaves topped with the gravy.
- Note: If you are using fresh potatoes cut the potatoes small and cook them while the meatloaves are in the oven. The potatoes should be done and ready to mash about the same time the meatloaves are done.
Adapted from Kraft Recipes