Sometimes just cooking for two can be a challenge. This chicken and rice for two recipe is simple and delicious, and fairly quick to prepare.
Put this on the menu for supper; you’ll love it.
- 1 ¼ cups low sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup long grain white rice
- salt and pepper
- 4 bone in chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium size microwavable bowl mix together ¾ cup chicken broth, rice, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cove and microwave for 7-8 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Salt and pepper the chicken. In a medium size sauce pan using the oil over medium high heat brown chicken on both sides; set chicken aside on a plate.
- Reserve one tablespoon of the oil in the sauce pan, add the onion, ¼ teaspoon salt, and cook until onion is soft and starts to brown. Add the garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant about 30 seconds. Add wine while scrapping any dripping off the bottom of the pan and then add the remaining ½ cup chicken broth.
- Mix in the rice and place chicken in the pan skin side up. Cove and bake until rice is tender and chicken is done.
- Remove chicken to a plate and lightly cover with aluminum foil. Mix the parsley into the rice and let sit covered for 10 minutes.
- Serve chicken and rice together.
Adapted from Cooks Country