This Tuna Melt Recipe is the best. When I saw the double layer of cheese I just had to give it a try. This is unique- The layer of cheese melted over the top engulfs the tuna salad and keeps it from sliding out. What a great dish to serve while watching a football game. You and your guests will love it. I doubled this recipe and substituted white bread. It produced a total of 8.
1. 2 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna in water, drained
2. 1/4 cup mayonnaise
3. 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
4. 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
5. 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
6. 3/4 teaspoon red wine vinegar
7. 1 pinch salt
8. 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
9. 4 slices seedless rye bread
10. 8 slices ripe tomato
11. 8 slices Swiss cheese
1. Preheat the oven broiler.
2. In a bowl, mix the tuna, mayonnaise, celery, onion, parsley, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Place the bread slices on a baking sheet, and broil 1 minute in the preheated oven, until lightly toasted. 4. 4. Remove from heat, and spread with the tuna salad.
5. Place 1 cheese slice over the tuna salad on each piece of bread, layer with a tomato slice, and top with remaining cheese slices.
6. Return layered bread to the preheated oven, and broil 3 to 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.