I had a role of ground turkey in the fridge and was trying to figure out what to do with it, and for some reason meatloaf came to mind. I have never tried this and was a little worried about the texture, but it turned out great and the flavor was excellent. This Turkey Meatloaf Recipe is simple and there is not a lot of prep time involved. If you like meatloaf give this simple recipe a try. I served the meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy, and the family loved it. Enjoy
2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
1 cup onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 egg (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
3/4 cup catsup
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Melt butter in a skillet.
2. Cook onion and garlic in melted butter for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Place mixture in a large bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
4. Combine turkey, bread crumbs, egg, 1/4 cup of the catsup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper with onion mixture.
5. Press meatloaf into an 8×4-inch loaf pan.
6. Spread remaining catsup on top.
7. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165F
8. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with potatoes or other side dish of your choice.