This Twisty Pasta Beef Casserole Recipe another simple and good recipe. It doesn’t require a lot of ingredients but you have to allow enough time for the casserole to bake which is about an hour. This recipe is kind of unique because it doesn’t require you to precook the pasta. I’m not sure this is an advantage, because a lot of the cooking time required is in order for the pasta to get done. So the choice is yours; precook the pasta to andante, or place the pasta into the casserole mixture uncooked.
Either way give this Twisty Pasta Beef Casserole Recipe a try; it’s really good.
- 2 cups Rotelle pasta (uncooked)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (drained if needed)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (15 ounces)
- ¾ cup shredded Cheddar
- ¼ cup green pepper (finely chopped)
- ¾ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1 cup French onions
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet brown the burger and drain if needed. While the burger is cooking finely chop the green pepper.
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together except for the onions.
- Layer a half a cup of onions with the meat mixture (I lined the bottom of the casserole dish).
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and garnish the top with the rest of the onions. Bake for an additional 30 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Serve garnished with additional cheese and onion. (Optional)