I always think of Lasagna as being Italian with a tomato sauce of some kind. When my son requested I make this I was kind of surprised at the type of ingredients it had in it. I wasn’t sure about the spinach so I cut the amount down to one 10 oz box; the recipe called for two. I also added fresh mushrooms just because it seemed like they would go good in this type of dish, and the tasted great. If you are looking for something different to bring to the table this White Cheese Chicken Lasagna Recipe with fit the bill. It is a little bit of work but it is well worth it. Enjoy
1/2 cup butter
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups milk
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
9 lasagna noodles
2 cups ricotta cheese
2 cups cubed cooked chicken meat
1 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
1 8 oz package fresh sliced mushrooms
1. Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat, saute the onion and garlic and mushrooms till tender.
2. Stir in the flour and salt, and simmer until bubbly.
3. Mix in the broth and milk, and boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
4. Stir in 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 the Parmesan cheese.
5. Season with the basil, oregano, and ground black pepper.
6. Remove from heat and set aside.
7. Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
8. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
9. Add lasagna noodles.
10. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
11. Spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
12. Cover with 1/3 of the noodles, ricotta, and chicken.
13. Layer with 1/3 of the noodles, 1/3 of the sauce mixture, spinach, and the remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
14. Top with remaining noodles and sauce mixture, and sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
15. Bake 35 to 40 minutes.