This is the second post of a 2 part series.(1st Post) There are many things a person can do to zest up their lives and for me trying new recipes and ingredients is a big one. This opportunity supplied by Glam Media and Kraft Italian Dressing gave me the chance to experiment with a couple different recipes using Zesty Italian dressing.
I’m sure I will be posting more recipes in the future that incorporate Zesty Italian dressing as one of the ingredients. This is a great way to add some Zest to your Life by Zesting up your recipes.
Its spring time and with it comes fresh garden vegetables, with one of the first coming out of the ground being asparagus. For many of us, spring time is also party time, as a new senior class graduates. Great food helps make for a great party and this Zesty Italian Asparagus Pasta Salad Recipe will help zest up any party. This recipe has a great combination of meat and vegetables with the main seasoning being Zesty Italian dressing. There is a lot of room to make changes in this recipe, by changing the type of cheese, and meat, used in the ingredients-feel free to get creative. This is a big recipe, and if you are serving it just for the family, you may want to cut it down a little bit.
If you’re sponsoring or donating a dish for any social get together, put this Zesty Italian Asparagus Pasta Salad Recipe on the menu. You and your guests will love it!
Kraft Italian Dressing only has one goal in mind… tantalizing your tastebuds. And we’re always looking for new ways to help you amp up your zest appeal. Like what you see? Let our Zesty Guy show you even more ways to spread a little zest at getmezesty.com.
- Salad Recipe on the menu. You and your guests will love it!
- 1 pound fresh asparagus (cut into ½ to 1 inch pieces)
- 1 16 ounce package rainbow Rotini
- 1 cup smoked chicken breast (cubed)
- 1 cup fully cooked ham (cubed)
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (cubed)
- 8 ounces Mozzarella cheese (cubed)
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- 4 Roma tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 1½ teaspoon dill weed
- 1½ cup Zesty Italian Dressing
- Cook pasta firm according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- While pasta is cooking cut the asparagus and place it in a large sauce pan with enough water just to cover; cook until crisp-tender. Set aside to cool.
- While the asparagus is cooling prepare the cheese and meat.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients; tossing to completely coat with the dressing.
- Refrigerate for 4-5 hours or overnight.
“Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Kraft via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Kraft”