If you are looking for a simple one dish recipe give this Bacon Cheddar Chicken Thighs and Potatoes recipe a try.
The chicken turns out nice and moist and the salad dressing and bacon used in the recipe gives it a good flavor.
Bacon Cheddar Chicken Thighs With Potatoes
Recipe type: Main
- 6 large bone in chicken thighs (skin removed and excess fat trimmed off – I used 4 because of the number I was feeding)
- ¼ cup Classic Ranch dressing
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 ½ pounds red potatoes (about 5 cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 medium onion (cut into ½ inch chunks)
- 1 cup shredded Triple Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place chicken in a large shallow dish and pour the dressing over the top. Roll the chicken in the dressing to thoroughly coat. Refrigerate for 30 minute.
- In a large skillet while chicken is marinating cook bacon until crispy; set aside on paper toweling to drain. Reserve one tablespoon of the bacon fat in the skillet.
- In the now empty skillet with the bacon fat cook the onion and potato over medium high heat for about 5 minutes. ( I cooked the mixture long enough for the potatoes to start to brown)
- Crumble the bacon and gently mix it into the potato mixture. Spoon potato mixture into a lightly sprayed 13x9 casserole dish, remove the chicken from the marinade and arrange the thighs on top of the potato mixture. Bake for 55 min to an hour, or until chicken is done.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and let rest until cheese is melted – serve hot. (I placed the casserole back in the oven for a couple of minutes for the cheese to melt)
Adapted from Kraft Recipes