Homemade carrot cake-How good can it get. This cake is, heavy, rich and moist with a delicious combination of spices. There is very little prep time involved, but it does take about an hour in the oven so allow yourself enough time.
Carrot Honey Loaf Recipe
Serves: 1 loaf
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- ¾ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl mix together the eggs, oil, honey, and vanilla until smooth.
- In another bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined and then mix in the grated carrots.
- Pour batter into a 9 x 5 loaf pan lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 1 hour or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Let cool for a bout 10 minutes, remove from pan, and cool on a wire rack before serving.
Adapted from Taste of Home magazine