Chili Corn Chip Hot Dogs Recipe
- 6 bun length hot dogs
- 1 can chili without beans (15 ounces)
- 6 whole wheat hot dog buns
- 1/3 shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- ½ cup regular corn chips (coarsely crushed – I put the corn chips in a food grade plastic band and crushed them with a rolling pin)
- Prepare grill on medium-high heat. Grill hot dogs until grill mark form and dogs are slightly charred and heated through.
- While hot dogs are grilling heat the chili in a small saucepan according to can directions.
- Just before hot dogs are done place the buns cut side down on the grill; grill until lightly toasted.
- Serve the hot dogs in the bun topped with chili, onion, cheese, and crushed corn chips.