I love all the different flavors that are created at Christmas Time. This Chocolate Chip Cherry Cookie Recipe has a lot of them. This cookie is just delicious. It is not all that hard to make and is very colorful. This recipe makes 2 to 3 dozen cookies depending on how large you make them. Your Family and guests will love them. Enjoy.
Christmas Chocolate Chip Cherry Cookie Recipe
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup shortening
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups coconut
- 1½ cups chopped maraschino cherries
- Cream shortening and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs and almond extract, beating on medium speed until light and fluffy; about 2 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture gradually, beating on low speed just until blended. Fold in chips, coconut and cherries.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.