This recipe is super simple with amazing taste. 10 minutes of prep time and 15 minutes on the grill, and your hot dogs are ready to serve.
Grilled Pepper and Onion Hot Dogs
Recipe type: Grilling
- 1 medium green bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 small sweet onion (sliced)
- ¼ cup Zesty Italian dressing
- 1 package of hot dogs
- Hot dog buns
- Prepare and preheat grill to medium heat
- Place peppers and onion on a large sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil and drizzle the dressing over the top. Fold the foil over the vegetables to form a packet.
- Grill vegetables for 15 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- After 6 minutes start grilling the hot dogs, grilling them until heated through. (Turn packet and hot dogs occasionally while grilling) this is also a good time to toast the buns if you wish to do so.
- Remove the foil packet from the grill and cut a few slits in the top to release the steam, and then open carefully. Serve the hot dogs topped with the vegetable mixture