I used my Instant Pot for this recipe but I’m sure any good electric pressure cooker would work out just as well.
This is a simple one dish recipe and because it is cooked in the pressure cooker it doesn’t take all that long to prepare.
Instant Pot Cajun Pork and Rice
Recipe type: Pressure Cooker
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper (julienned)
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 ½ pound boneless pork loin chops
- 1 can Petite diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 celery rib (chopped)
- 1 small carrot (sliced)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed and minced)
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups instant rice
- Select sauté setting on Instant pot and adjust to high heat. Using the oil cook the green pepper until crisp tender – remove and set aside, and push cancel.
- In a small bowl mix together the cumin and chili powder. Rub 2 teaspoons of the spice mixture into the chops and place them in the pressure cooker.
- In another bowl mix together the tomatoes, garlic, onion, salt, hot sauce, and the remaining cumin and chili powder mixture. Pour the mixture over the chops and seal the lid making sure the vent is closed. Pressure cook at high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Let pressure normally release for 5 minutes – and then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Stir the broth into the Instant pot braking up the pork as it is mixed in. Set the instant pot to sauté – normal setting, bring mixture to a boil, stir in the rice and cook until rice is tender. (about 5 minutes stirring as needed)
- Serve topped with the green pepper.
Adapted from Taste of Home magazine