This Quick and Easy Pork Chops Recipe is exactly as it sounds; quick and easy. You can have this on the supper table in less than an hour. It requires very little prep time and cooks quickly. Just be sure to thinly slice the carrots so you don’t overcook the pork chops waiting for the carrots to get done.
This is a great recipe for after school or work.
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce (use your favorite sauce – this recipe is from Kraft recipes and their sauce was on sale so I used their sauce)
- ¼ cup Zesty Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon honey mustard
- 4 pork chops (I used boneless because they were on sale)
- 2 cups carrots (thinly sliced)
- 1½ cups instant white rice (uncooked)
- In a shallow dish like a pie plate mix together the BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, and the mustard; remove 6 tablespoons of the sauce and set aside.
- Roll the chops in the remaining sauce, cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate, and let marinade for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, place chops in skillet and cook for 5 minutes on one side. Flip chops, add the carrots in around the chops, and spoon the remaining BBQ sauce mixture over the chops. Cover and cook 10 – 15 minutes or until chops are done. (145F)
- Cook rice according to package directions while chops are cooking.
- Serve chops and sauce over rice.
Adapted from Kraft Recipes