I was getting ready to bake bread so I need a simple recipe for supper that wouldn’t take up a lot of time, so I decided on this Simple Baked Lemon Chicken Recipe. This recipe requires very little prep time, and only 30 minutes of cooking time, so you can have supper on the table in less than an hour.
If you like lemon chicken give this Simple Baked Lemon Chicken Recipe a try; it’s really good.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the lemon juice in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, butter, and stir in the salt and pepper. Cook until just melted; set aside to cool a little bit so it can be handled.
- Lightly spray a 13 x 9 casserole, or baking dish, with cooking spray.
- Place the bread crumbs in a wide shallow dish like a pie plate, roll the chicken in the butter mixture to thoroughly coat, and then in the bread crumbs. Place the chicken in the casserole dish and drizzle with any left-over butter.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes uncovered until chicken reaches 165F with an instant read thermometer.
- Serve hot.
Adapted from Taste of Home Cookbook