If you’re cooking for two this is a great recipe to free up some time by using the slow cooker. There is only about 15 minutes of prep time and 4 – 5 hours of cooking time. It’s a great way to free up an afternoon, and because it’s a one dish recipe supper will be ready to serve.
- 4 ounces of kielbasa sausage (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (cleaned and cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed and minced)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cooks cooked rice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 green onions (sliced thin)
- Spray slow cooker on bottom and sides with cooking spray.
- In a medium size microwavable bowl mix together the kielbasa, onion, bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, and thyme. Microwave for 5 minutes stirring a couple of times while cooking; place in slow cooker.
- Add the rice and mix in ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add the thighs into the slow cooker mixture.
- Slow cook for 4 – 5 hours until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 185F. Remove chicken from the slow cooker and using 2 forks separate chicken into bite size pieces. Stir the chicken and green onions into the rice mixture, salt and pepper to taste and serve hot. Enjoy
Adapted from Cooking for Two Cookbook