Basic Buttermilk Drop Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/ 4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold buttermilk
- 8 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons of butter melted (for brushing the top of the biscuits)
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Whisk all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour the buttermilk into a medium size bowl and then mix in 8 tablespoons of the melted butter – I used a 2 cup measuring cup for this.
- Gently mix the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients to form the dough. Mix just until moistened – dough will be sticky.
- use a 1/ 4 cup measuring cup lightly sprayed with cooking spray to measure the dough onto a lightly sprayed cookie sheet, spaced about 2 inches apart
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with the remaining 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Serve warm.