Beef Stew Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb cubed beef stew meat
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 carrot, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery, with a few minced leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 pinch thyme
- 3 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- Put flour, salt, and pepper in a large Ziploc bag.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large Dutch oven.
- Place meat in the bag with the flour and shake until well coated.
- Shake off meat pieces and add them to the oil and stir until slightly
- browned, Add remaining flour from the bag and the finely chopped onion.
- Stir until well browned.
- Add finely chopped carrot, finely chopped celery, dried parsley, thyme, and beef broth
- Cover and cook over low heat for 1 1/2 hours (stirring every 15 minutes).
- Add diced potatoes, carrots, and onions, cook for another 45 minutes or until vegetables are done.