Blueberry Ice Cream Recipe
- 4 cups fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar, and water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until sugar is dissolved and the blueberries are softened.
- Strain mixture and discard seeds and skins.
- Stir in cream.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two thirds full and freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze
- Allow ripening in ice cream freezer or firm up in the regular freezer for 2-4 hours before serving.