Chili con Carne for 2
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed and minced)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (14.5 ounces)
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 ounces)
- 1 can pinto beans (15 ounces drained and rinsed)
- 2 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Shredded cheddar for garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan cook burger, garlic, and onion until burger are no longer pink inside; drain excess fat if needed.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, pinto beans, and the seasonings; mix until well combined. Bring mixture to a boil, cover, reduce heat to simmer, and cook for 1 hour.
- Serve hot garnished with the cheese.