Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
- 1 Candy Thermometer
- 1 8×8 pan-sprayed with nonstick-I like to line it with Aluminum Foil
- 3 cups of sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cups chopped walnuts
- In heavy 3 qt saucepan, mix sugar, cocoa, and cream of tartar.
- Add evaporated milk, light corn syrup, and margarine.
- On medium-hi heat, cook and stir, scraping down sides of the pan, until mixture boils.
- Clip candy thermometer on a pan.
- Reduce heat to med.
- Continue to cook until thermometer reads 238*.
- Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and peanut butter.
- Stir well. Fold in nuts. Pour into pan. Cool Thoroughly.
- Cut into pieces.