Deep Fried Parmesan Fish with Lemon Sauce
- 6–8 medium fish fillets
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- ½ cup white flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Oil (for frying)
- Lemon Sauce ingredients
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- In a small bowl mix together the lemon sauce ingredients; set aside in the refrigerator to chill giving time for the flavors to blend.
- Preheat deep fry to 350F.
- In a wide shallow dish mix together the bread crumbs, Cayenne pepper, and parmesan cheese. (I use a pie dish for this)
- Place the flour in another shallow dish and salt and pepper it to taste.
- In a small bowl whisk or beat the eggs until well beaten. (Not frothy but well combined)
- To coat the fillets, roll them in the flour to lightly coat, and then dip them in the beaten eggs; then roll them in the bread crumb mixture pressing lightly to coat.
- Deep fry each fillet until golden brown, drain on paper towels and serve with the lemon sauce.