Grilled Pepper and Onion Hot Dogs
- 1 medium green bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 small sweet onion (sliced)
- ¼ cup Zesty Italian dressing
- 1 package of hot dogs
- Hot dog buns
- Prepare and preheat grill to medium heat
- Place peppers and onion on a large sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil and drizzle the dressing over the top. Fold the foil over the vegetables to form a packet.
- Grill vegetables for 15 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- After 6 minutes start grilling the hot dogs, grilling them until heated through. (Turn packet and hot dogs occasionally while grilling) this is also a good time to toast the buns if you wish to do so.
- Remove the foil packet from the grill and cut a few slits in the top to release the steam, and then open carefully. Serve the hot dogs topped with the vegetable mixture