One Dish Chicken and Cheese Gravy Recipe
- 1 cut up frying chicken (3 – 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 can mushrooms (stems and pieces drained)
- 2/3 cups evaporated milk
- 1 condensed can cream of mushroom soup (10 1/2 ounces)
- 3/4 pound Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Smoked Paprika
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- While the oven is preheating place the butter in a 9 x 13 baking dish and place it in the oven to melt the butter; remove the baking dish from the oven when the butter is melted.
- Place the flour in a disposable plastic bag and shake the chicken to coat. Place the chicken in the baking dish skin side down and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, turn the chicken, and continue baking for another 15 – 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- While the chicken is baking in a medium-size saucepan mix together the soup, milk, and cheese; salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until cheese is melted.
- Pour out any excess fat from the baking dish; spread the chopped onion over the chicken, and then top with the cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for an additional 20 minutes.