Pan Fried Smallmouth Bass Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 large egg whites (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 pound bass fillets (skinned)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 lemon (cut into wedges)
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a 1-gallon food grade plastic disposable bag.
- In a wide dish mix together the seasoned bread crumbs and cornmeal.
- In a medium size, bowl whisks together the egg whites and water.
- Shake fillets one at a time in the flour mixture, and then roll them in the bread crumbs.
- Place the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the fish until golden brown on both sides and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with lemon wedges