Poached Pollock with Shrimp Sauce Recipe
- 2 pounds Pollock fillets
- 1 can condense cream of shrimp soup (undiluted)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/4 shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Mix the salt and water together in a large skillet. Rinse fillets, and pat dry with paper toweling – roll the fillets up starting on the narrow end with the dark side in.
- Place the roll-ups seam side down into the skillet.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- While fish is cooking in a small saucepan mix together the soup and milk. Cook on medium heat stirring frequently until mixture is warm and smooth.
- Stir in the sour cream and shredded cheddar and continue cooking until cheese is melted.
- Remove the fish with a slotted spoon onto a serving platter. Top with the shrimp sauce and garnish with parsley.