Pork Chops in Country Onion and Mushroom Gravy Recipe
- Pork chops with mashed potatoes and gravy always go well in this house for supper. This Pork Chops in Country Onion and Mushroom Gravy recipe looked really good so I thought I would give it a try. This is a simple recipe that doesn’t require many ingredients and doesn’t take that long to cook. You can have supper on the table in less than an hour.
- The next time you’re in the mood for pork chops give this one a try; the gravy is delicious!
- In a large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray brown chops on both sides (about 6 minutes each side) set aside on a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium in the now empty skillet and cook the onion for 3 minutes – stir in the mushrooms. Mix in the beef broth and any settled juices from the chops. Place chops into the onion and mushroom mixture, and spoon the onions and mushrooms generously over the top. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until pork is no longer pink inside (145F) remove chops to serving platter.)
- In a glass or small bowl mix together the flour and milk until smooth. Stir the flour mixture into the sauces in the skillet, stirring constantly until sauce is thickened; salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve gravy over chops and mashed potatoes.