Quick and Simple Drop Biscuits Recipe
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter (cut into ¼ inch pieces – I threw them in the freezer for a few minutes to get them good and cold.)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cups whole milk ( I used some cream I had left over from the holidays and mixed it with 2% milk.)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients. Fold the butter pieces in and using your fingers or a pastry blender work the butter into the dry ingredients to form a pea-like texture. (a food processor makes quick work for this)
- Add the milk and stir until just moist.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or lightly spray with cooking spray. Using ¼ cup measuring cup place dough on baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake until biscuits are golden brown, about 20 minutes, let cool a little bit and serve warm.