Rich and Creamy Polenta Recipe
- 4 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons butter (divided)
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Place the water and salt into a medium-size saucepan and bring to a boil. Gradually add the cornmeal while constantly stirring with a whisk to avoid creating any lumps.
- Reduce heat to low and continue stirring until polenta starts to thicken. Cover and continue cooking for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 to 6 minutes with a wooden spoon.
- Polenta is done when it is creamy and all individual grains are tender. (should not be gritty at all)
- Remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons of butter – when butter is half melted mix in the cheese stirring until butter and cheese are completely melted; cover and let rest of 5 minutes.
- Top polenta with remaining butter and garnish with more cheese if desired,