Simple Baked Beans and Pork Chop Recipe
- 8 pork chops
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- 1 (3 lb) can pork and beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4–1/3 cup store-bought barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the chops in a frying pan on both sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Grease a Dutch oven or an oven-proof casserole dish (large enough to
- hold the ingredients).
- In a bowl mix together the pork and beans, chopped onion, chopped
- green pepper, BBQ sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, and cayenne pepper.
- Layer HALF of the bean mixture on the bottom of the Dutch oven.
- Lay the pork chops on top of the bean mixture.
- Top with remaining bean mixture.
- Bake covered or uncovered for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until
- the chops are tender (if you prefer a thicker sauce then bake covered
- for half the time then finish baking uncovered).